Rediscover Manning Park.
With a huge variety of options to choose between, from lakeside campsites to backcountry trails, Manning Park offers a wide range of camping adventures that will keep you coming back year after year.
Choose from five family campsites situated close to Manning Park Resort in the Similkameen River basin with various amenities and many highlights. Wake up next to the river shaded by ancient trees, or enjoy a hitching post for your horse at your site. Our camping experiences are as varied as our visitors!
For the more adventurous, Manning Park Resort is also the starting point for scenic backcountry camping in E.C. Manning Provincial Park. For more information about sites, see here. Your wilderness hike-in camping fees can be paid at Manning Park Resort or at the Manning Park Visitor Centre.
Camping at Manning Park Resort is also your launching point for hiking, biking, exploring by horseback, fishing, and boating. Boat rentals (kayak, canoe, stand-up paddleboard, row-boat) and boat launching of non-powered vessels is available at Lightning Lake. Anglers will enjoy the fishing opportunities available at Lightning Lake and along the Similkameen. Enjoy swimming and day use picnic areas at Lightning Lake, Spruce Bay and Lone Duck beaches. Hiking trails can be accessed by all of our sites.
No matter which site you choose, enjoy a wilderness camping adventure at Manning Park this season.
Coldspring is the closest campground to Manning Park Resort. It is connected to the trail system via the Canyon Nature Trail and and is located next to the headwaters of the Similkameen river. Coldspring features a number of pull-through sites, eliminating the need to reverse difficult trailers into place. View Campground Map
Hampton is the second largest campground in Manning Park, and easily host to the most stunning view. Looking south toward the Castle and Chuwanten Creeks, campers are rewarded with a breathtaking view of the often snow capped peak of Mt. Winthrop. Large sites well spaced make Hampton a private and scenic choice.
Check out the washhouse, playground and new bike pump track! View Campground Map
Lightning Lake is Manning Park’s premier campground. Set deep in the park overlooking Lightning Lake, it features three shower buildings, shared access to two beaches, and regular naturalist programs at the amphitheatre during peak season. View Campground Map
Mule Deer is located along a winding stretch of the Similkameen river, with small swimming holes and pleasant rapids. Serviced by flush toilets and with many sites shaded by ancient cottonwoods, this is an excellent choice for the casual or long term camper. View Campground Map
Headwaters Horse Corral
All campground operating dates are weather dependent.
|Lightning Lake||$35 / Party||CLOSED||143 Sites 100% Reservable from June 7 – Sept. 15, 2019. Showers, Flush Toilets, Lake Access, Trail Access, Amphitheatre Last campground to open in the Spring – High elevation campground|
|Coldspring||$23 / Party||OPEN||66 Sites 50% RESERVABLE, 50% FIRST COME FIRST SERVE from May 17 – Sept 1, 2019. Pit Toilets, Hand pumps for water, River Access, Trail Access|
|Hampton||$23 / Party||CLOSED||100 Sites 80% RESERVABLE, 20% FIRST COME FIRST SERVE – from May 17 -Sept 1, 2019. Wash house, Pit Toilets, Tap water, flush toilets and large dish sinks.|
|Mule Deer||$25 / Party||CLOSED||50 Sites 50% RESERVABLE, 50% FIRST COME – FIRST SERVE – from May 16 – September 1, 2019. Pit/Flush Toilets, River Access, Swings First Campground to open in the Spring|
|Headwaters Horse Corral||$25 / Party||OPEN||12 Sites 100% FIRST COME – FIRST SERVE Horse Campsite, Corrals & Hitch Posts, River & Trail Access, Access to Loon Lagoon Rec. Centre|
Group & Winter Campgrounds
Lone Duck One
Lone Duck One is an excellent choice for any group and is best suited for large groups of RV campers. The parking area is extra large and allows for easy through parking or reversing. Even the largest RVs (50ft+) can easily be accommodated.
• Groups from 15 to 50. Visit Discover Camping for summer reservations from April-October.
• Lone Duck 1 is a first come first served winter campground from October-April.
Lone Duck Two
Lone Duck Two is well suited for any party with tenting groups enjoying this site the most. A smaller lot than Lone Duck One keeps the area more intimate, although multiple RV’s can still comfortably park. An open grassy area for tenting is close to the Lake and receives a mix of sun and shade.
• Groups from 15-50. Visit Discover Camping for reservations.
• Lone Duck Two is available year round by reservation only.
Cambie Creek is a winter-only campground well suited for youth groups. Located near Allison Pass, Cambie Creek gets plenty of snow. Big Ben, Fat Dog, and Cambie Loop XC ski trails provide over 12km of excellent un-groomed cross country, randonnee, or snowshoeing opportunities. Youth groups of over 50 people will have no trouble camping in the large area available.
• Groups from 15-50+. Visit Discover Camping for reservations
• Nordic trails at Cambie Creek are not patrolled, groomed or avalanche controlled.
|Campground||Rate / Night||Status||Info|
|Lone Duck One||GROUP||OPEN||100% RESERVATIONS ONLY from May 3, 2019 – Oct. 13, 2019
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED – from Oct. 8, 2019 – April 24, 2020.
Shelter with wood stove, fire pit, pit toilets, camping area. Firewood available from Country Store.
|Lone Duck Two||GROUP||OPEN||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY Shelter with wood stove, Lake Access, Trail Access|
|Lightning Lake Day Use||WINTER FCFS – $13 / PARTY||CLOSED||Winter Only: Self-contained units can camp in the Lightning Lake Day Use Area parking lot. Pit toilet facilities, no water. No tenting or fires permitted in this area.|
|Cambie Creek||GROUP||CLOSED||15-50 PERSONS 100% RESERVATIONS ONLY – from December 1 – March 31 Winter Camping Only, Pit Toilets, Backcountry Nordic Trail Access|
Check In Procedures
Lone Duck keys are available for pick up only from Manning Park Lodge front desk. Guests MUST submit a $20 cash refundable deposit for the key. Check-in time is: 1:00pm. Please note: that the Gatehouse never has possession of the keys, and will be unable to access them.
Reservations MUST be made through Discover Camping 1-800-689-9025 or visit Discover Camping
Wilderness hike-in camping is available at many locations in E.C. Manning Park. Visit the BC Parks website for information about specific sites.
- First come first served
- Registration is payable at Manning Park Visitor Centre, Manning Park Lodge, or online here.
- Registration does not guarantee a site.
- All campground opening and closing dates in Manning Park are weather dependent.
- Firewood can be purchased for $8.00 at the Manning Park Country Store, at the Lightning Lake Gatehouse, and from fee collectors.
- All sales are cash or travellers cheque only. ATM’s are located in the lobby of Manning Park Lodge and in the Pinewoods building.
- A camping party consists of one vehicle and a maximum 4 adults (16+) and 8 persons including children (15-). Oversize parties or additional vehicles will be charged extra.
- All tents and vehicles must remain on the designated camping pad at all times.
- All pets must remain on a leash at all times anywhere within the Park. Pets are not permitted on beaches or in Park buildings. There are no off leash areas in Manning Park.
- Do not remove any material from the forest for any reason. Do not collect dead wood for fires, sticks for hot dogs, flowers, berries, mushrooms, rocks, logs, or anything else from anywhere within Manning Park.
- Do not leave your fire unattended for any amount of time. Fires must be contained in the fire ring provided. Please follow all posted fire notices, restrictions, or bans that may be in effect.
- Do not leave food or garbage unattended in your site. Place coolers, pop, canned goods and any other items back in your vehicle before you go to bed or leave your site for any amount of time.
- Do not hang litter bags in trees and regularly place garbage in the animal proof containers. Help all of us practice bear safety!